- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 09-12-2017
Although we would love to take our dog, cat, kitten or puppy with us when we leave home for an extended stay, it isn't always possible. That's why PetVax Complete Care Centers provides superior, caring boarding facilities for pet owners who need to leave home but don't want to worry about their pet being safe and happy. Your Memphis area veterinarian also invites you to visit a PetVax in Cordova, Bartlett or Germantown to learn more about our boarding services before they decide to leave their pet in our tender, loving care.
1. If you plan on boarding your dog or cat for more than two or three days, considering leaving your pet at one of our PetVax Complete Care Centers overnight to see how your pet adjusts to being boarded.
2. Bring a favorite blanket or pet bed when you drop off your pet. An unwashed shirt you have worn will also help comfort your pet in your absence. Pets remember smells that make unforgettable impressions on them and yours is sure to be one of them!
3. Provide a supply of your pet's favorite wet and dry food as well as treats such as chew bones or catnip.
4. Don't forget to bring your pet's toys, especially if you are boarding a kitten or puppy.
5. Pheromone products for pets (wipes, collars or sprays) may help calm particularly anxious dogs or cats. Pheromones are chemicals secreted through the skin that facilitate communication between animals. Your Cordova veterinarian can tell you more about pheromones.
6. Make sure your pet is up-to-date on all vaccinations. No pet boarding facility accepts pets that are not properly vaccinated.
7. Plan to spend quality one-on-one time with your pet the night before you drop off your dog or cat. You will feel better about leaving your pet at our animal hospital and boarding facility knowing you gave your pet lots of love before going away on your trip.
8. Inform our veterinary staff about special needs your dog or cat may have. Bring dietary supplements or medications with you in a marked, plastic baggie.
9. Give us a list of emergency contact numbers in case you may be unreachable during your trip.
10. Be aware your pet may seem tired and sleep more than usual when you get home. This is because your pet has played and socialized daily with other animals and caring, animal-loving humans!
For more information about our boarding services, schedule a consultation appointment at one of our PetVax Complete Care Centers in Cordova, Memphis, Bartlett or Germantown by calling 901-654-3110. We look forward to meeting with you!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.
Services & More
PetVax is no longer offering Vaccination Clinics @ Hollywood Feed locations.
Please visit one of our FIVE Memphis Area Full-Service locations near you.