- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Pet surgery can be a scary thing for owners to think about, but it can also prove immensely helpful for improving your pet's quality of life -- or even extending that life. Our experienced team at PetVax Complete Care Centers can provide safe, advanced, effective surgical techniques to help your pet and put your mind at ease. Learn more about pet surgery with your Memphis veterinarian.
You might be surprised at the sheer range of surgical procedures and services offered by PetVax Complete Care Centers. We aim to help pets through every possible health challenge, so we offer procedures such as:
• Spay and Neuter Surgery - Spay and neuter surgery does far more for your pet that just prevent pregnancy. These sexual sterilization procedures eliminate or drastically reduce the risk for many potentially-deadly cancers. Spay and neuter surgery also prevents sexually-motivated behaviors such as roaming and aggression that might expose your pet to danger.
• Emergency Surgery - When your pet's life is at stake, surgery from a skilled emergency vet in Memphis could make all the difference. We make use of state-of-the-art diagnostic techniques equipment, including radiology and ultrasound, to visualize the problem immediately so surgery can commence. Your emergency vet in Memphis can fix bloat, remove urinary blockages, stop bleeding, mend fractures and treat difficult delivery (dystocia).
• Orthopedic Surgery - If your pet is limping, moving slowly or in obvious pain from a joint ailment or injury, bring him to our animal hospital. We can provide a variety of orthopedic surgery options. These may include repairing or modifying injured knees, replacing or reconstructing a hip joint plagued by dysplasia, or spinal procedures to relieve vertebral joint pain in severe arthritis cases.
• Dental Surgery - Dental and oral problems sometimes require surgical treatment. For instance, if we detect possible oral cancer, we will recommend immediate surgery to remove the lesion. Teeth that are damaged or infected beyond all help may need to be extracted to help keep surrounding teeth from suffering a similar fate.
• Cancer Surgery - Pets get cancer just as humans do, and surgical removal is a common treatment that may save your beloved companion's life. Our animal hospital can remove both internal and external cancers (such as skin cancer). Once we've removed a mass, we will biopsy it to see whether it is malignant; malignancies may call for additional surgery or other treatments.
• Neurological Surgery - If your pet experiences severe seizures, nerve pain, weakness and other alarming symptoms, a neurological problem may be to blame. Your Memphis veterinarian can evaluate your pet's symptoms and use sophisticated imaging techniques to diagnose problems such as spinal cord trauma, head injuries, herniated discs and pinched nerves.
Pet surgery is nothing to fear when you have the right animal hospital helping you. Call any of our five offices to schedule surgery for your Memphis, Germantown, Bartlett or Cordova pet!
Services & More
PetVax is no longer offering Vaccination Clinics @ Hollywood Feed locations.
Please visit one of our FIVE Memphis Area Full-Service locations near you.